Monday, May 11, 2009

Joba

So as I sit here and watch the Mets bullpen blow another Johan gem I am thinking about all this talk about Joba.

Just about evvvveryone in the greater NY area is talking about Joba and his fist pump and how Aubrey Huff fist pumped him back after is 3 run HR. Well I have a question for all of you, who the smurf cares? Does it reaaaaaaallly matter? Don't the Yankees have bigger things to worry about like Arod(pick 1 of 100 specific things), the shitty bullpen, Hughes/Wang, and the rest of the starting rotation?

People are apparently offended by the fact that Joba is "showing no class". Well people class left baseball a few decades ago, get over it. I mean is it classier for Albert Pujols to stand there and watch his HR? Is it classier for Derek Jeter to fist pump when someone K's a guy to end the inning? Oh you never saw Jeter do that? Well you haven't been watching, or maybe you have but neglected to remember.

As for Aubrey Huff, he can go smurf a goat. Who in the hell are you Aubrey Huff? You bat .268, and your team is in last place, again. Rather then calling team meetings to discuss how "Joba showed us up last time so lets do it to him" how about you get ready for the game or read the scouting report, because your team sucks and has for the last 11 years.

Just like you and I have different options, emotions, and personalities so do baseball players. Get over it people.

3 comments:

Bethany said...

You are an angry, angry man.
I refuse to care who does the fist pump or that Manny has more estrogen in his system than I do. I personally would like to see more baseball players punch each other in the neck after a rough at bat.
Also I'm not sure if it's legal to smurf a goat in baseball. If I wasn't afraid of what I'd find if I googled "smurf a goat" I'd totally look it up.
Thus ends my rant that may or may not actually be related to sports. I can't tell.

Punk said...

Dear Angry Man and Estrogen-woman,

I have no idea what you're talking about. I understood one sports-related phrase: Derek Jeter. My response? Mmmmm.

Also, "smurf a goat" is maybe the chocolate covered strawberry on the cake that is my day. Thank you.

JP said...

No one pisses me off at all except Papelbon. Everyone else does some form of celebration but his crap is taken to the next level. Half the time the only drama in the game is because he's put the first runner or 2 on base himself. Great, I'm glad you can walk 2 guys then strikeout 3. That's probably why you were scared to be a starter, then you would have to get more than 3 outs. Keep punching your chest and screaming on the mound and go follow the normal career path of a closer and flame out at 28. Bitch.